Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Crazy 'K' Chops



I have been wanted to try new recipes for pork chops for some time. I look forward to cooking some new ones from the Pork Cookbook I got for Christmas...But I have had this recipe for some time and really been wanting to make it. Shawn's brother Joel wanted to name these "crazy eyez killah chops".......he absolutely loved them..... Now that I have tasted these and edited the recipe I think these are some of the best pork chops I have had in a long time too...The trick is to not over cook your pork, otherwise it dries out and pretty much tastes like crap then.....

Serves 8 (depending on size of chops)
1 C Mayo
2-3 T Lime Juice (1-2 limes)
2 T Fresh Cilantro, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2-1 tsp Chile Powder
1-2 squirts Chipotle Tabasco
8 pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick

In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the pork chops. Reserve 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixture. Season chops with salt and pepper and grill or broil chops, turning once and brushing frequently with remaining mayonnaise mixture, until chops are done. Serve with reserved mayonnaise mixture and a slice of lime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pooh you are just getting better every year, you surpassed me ages ago as THE HARPER COOK and it is wonderful to try your recipes at home. Sindy is a frequent visitor to your site and you know how I feel about her cooking. You are truly gifted and it is always fun to be your sous chef, you bring the joy back to cooking, I love all the fresh ingredients. I only need to bring wine now!

L, A