Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Homemade Garlic Bread


I LOVE bread.....especially crunchy rustic breads. I grew up eating the store bought aluminum foil garlic bread, which isn't that bad but I find that is has a tendency to have too much butter and is never crispy enough for me.....So it was high time I made my own.....This was my first attempt and I loved it. I even saved the leftovers in the fridge and reheated in the oven the next day......Anyway this was big hit with all the family.....this could easily be used as a side dish to grilled food or an appetizer with marinara.......

Serves: 6

1/4 C Butter, softened
1-2 T Mayonnaise
3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/4-1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/3 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 loaf Rustic Bread or French Bread, halved lengthwise

Preheat oven broiler. In a medium bowl combine butter, mayonnaise, garlic, oregano, basil, and pepper. Spread mixture evenly between the two halves. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Broil for 5 min or until toasted to your liking. Slice and Serve.

No comments: