Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Almond bars


So many of you that know me, know that I LOVE the smell and flavor of Almond Extract.....I could seriously smell a bottle of it all day....I love adding it when I can and I usually add it to boxed brownies to give them a little more pizazz....anyway my friend Sarah made these for a make-up party we had at her house....she also makes this yummy punch with almond extract but I will save that for another post....anyway these Almond Bars are simple and made with ingredient most have in their pantry.....They are so tasty but of course not the healthiest but what dessert is.....anyway lots of things you could do with these, top with fruit.....So explore! I find them highly addicting just the way they are.......

Makes:13x9

4 Eggs
2 C Sugar
1 C Butter, melted
2 C Flour
2 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until lemon colored. Add the melted butter, flour and extract. Mix well. Spread into greased 9 x13 baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Enjoy!

No comments: