Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Orange Bars


I suppose you could call them Orange Brownies, which I think was their original name, but when I think of brownies I think of chocolate and these do not have any chocolate in them....they actually remind me a little bit of orange rolls but of course different.....My friend Brittany made these for a girls night and they were a big hit....I made them for Shawn and he loved them too....so nice to have a new dessert that does not contain chocolate, even though chocolate is probably my first love! Ha!

Makes: 13x9

1 ½ C Flour
2 C Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 C (2 sticks) Butter, softened
4 Eggs
2 tsp Orange Extract
1 tsp Grated Orange Zest

Glaze:
1 C Powdered Sugar
2 T Orange Juice
1 tsp Grated Orange Zest

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 x 13 and set aside. In a mixing bowl, stir flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter, eggs, orange extract and orange zest and beat with a mixer until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and set. Remove from oven and pierce top of entire cake with a fork.

For glaze: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Pour glaze over hot cake. Cool cake and cut into squares. Enjoy!

No comments: