Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Chicken Parm done E-A-S-Y


Shawn LOVES Chicken Parmesan....I definitely do not do it the way you are supposed to....but I find this recipe super easy and quick and it is always well received.....If I am remembering correctly we actually served it at the Twins 1st birthday. I find this easy to do for a crowd or simple enough for a semi elegant meal at home.....Serve with a salad and some bread....open some wine and you are good to go......

Serves 4

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2C-1 C Bottled Italian Dressing (use your favorite)
1-1 1/2 C Italian Bread Crumbs (I always add some more dried basil and grated parm to these)
1 Can/Jar Marinara (I use Trader Joe's Tuscano Marinara)
8 slices of Fresh Mozzarella (can use brick or shredded but Fresh is better)
Shredded or Grated Parm

Marinate chicken breasts in Italian Dressing in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bread Chicken Breast in spruced up bread crumbs making sure each is well coated, place on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 20 min or a few more till chicken is done and juices run clear. While chicken is cooking heat marinara. When chicken is done cover each breast with some marinara, two slices of mozzarella and some parmesan, return to the oven until cheese is melted to your liking. Plate and serve with more Parm and additional marinara if you like....

1 comment:

Molly Hannan said...

I meant to leave this comment a while ago when I made this but it was great! And so easy! Erich missed out but the kids loved it!