Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Freakin' Good Fudge


Ok...So a previous co-worker gave me this recipe and it is the best fudge I have ever made. It will be hard to stay out of it so plan on giving some away or serving at a party. The original recipe called for semi sweet chips, but I prefer bittersweet chips....What can I say I LOVE dark chocolate......I can only make this 1 time a year or I will just get FAT!


3 Bars German's Sweet Baking Chocolate
1 11-12oz pkg 60% Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (or Semi-Sweet Chips)
2 C Marshmallow Cream
4 1/2 C White Sugar
2 tsp Butter
1 12oz can Evaporated Milk

Break sweet chocolate into squares and place in large bowl with chocolate chips and marshmallow cream, set aside. Bring sugar, butter, and milk to a boil in a large sauce pan. Boil stirring frequently, for 6 min. (mixture can boil over so use a large pot) Pour boiling syrup over the ingredients in the bowl. Stir until chocolate and marshmallow cream are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Cool until firm (I let cure in a cool place for 1-2 days)....Cut and enjoy!!!

**Nut Lovers: You can add 2 C of chopped nuts (I do not like nuts in my fudge), if you do add nuts you will need a 9x13 pan and an 8x8 pan.

No comments: