Monday, April 21, 2008

Greek Grilled Pork Tenderloin


Well I do not know about you but when I am at Costco I usually tend to pick up a pack of Pork Tenderloins. Then I get them home and think, Huh, what the heck am I going to do with these.....I have a few good pork tenderloin recipes.....Some with mustard, some roasted, etc....but I was looking for something different with citrus and came upon a recipe similar recipe to the one below, it needed a little bit of improvement.....The whole family loved this one.....Serve over a bed of your favorite Couscous recipe w/some Feta, Olives, Artichoke Hearts, Red or Green Onions and Grape Tomatoes and Ta-Da a nice Greek Themed Dinner......Ahh, One of the many tastes of Summer!

Serves 4-5

1 C Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 C Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2-3/4 cup Olive Oil (I also used a bit of Lemon Oil/Lime Oil cause I had it)
6-8 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tsp Salt
4 T Dried Oregano (I think fresh would be better but I didn't have any)
2 (1-1.5 pound) Pork Tenderloins
Salt & Pepper, to season while grilling

Mix lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and oregano in a bowl. Taste marinate, if you think it is too tart you can always add in more olive oil. Place tenderloins in a large plastic bag or bowl w/lid and pour marinate over the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly oil the grill grate, and discard marinade. Season tenderloins with Salt and Pepper. Grill tenderloins for 15 to 25 minutes, turning a few times, or grill until desired doneness. (the trick is to get it done while not overcooking!)

Serve sliced up on a bed of Couscous surrounded by lots of Greek veggies and topped with Feta Cheese.

No comments: