Monday, April 21, 2008

Puppy Chow


Ok, So I have had this unopened jar of Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter in my pantry for awhile, I think we traveled with it down here when we moved.....Well, I am an All-Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Gal......Yes, I keep my PB in the Fridge......it's what we all eat and we all like (including the kids)....and to me it taste way better then the keep-in-the-pantry PB, which, to me taste as though it has a ton of sugar in it........So I have been trying to figure out what to do with the one in my pantry that also contains the evil Partially-Hydrogenated Oil....Well, I decided what the heck I will cook with it.....So the one recipe that came to mind was something I grew up eating and I figured it was a good time to introduce this favorite of mine to my kids (in small amounts, of course)......and now it looks as if my girls too LOVE Puppy Chow......It's just all around goodness.....Beware, it is addicting....and next thing you know, it's all gone.....

Makes: A whole lot (But goes fast)

1/2 C Butter
1 C Creamy Peanut Butter
2 C Chocolate Chips
1 (17.5 ounce) package Crispix Cereal
1 lb (box) Confectioners' Sugar

Melt the peanut butter with the butter and chocolate chips. Place cereal in large bowl and pour the sauce over the cereal and toss until well coated.

Place the coated cereal in a large paper sack then add the confectioners' sugar, fold down the top of the bag and shake to coat.

Eat and Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.