Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Best Buttermilk Pancakes


Inspired by our breakfast today I thought I would bring you the best buttermilk pancakes I have ever had. I was not a pancake person and I use to detest all and any pancake....that was until these came about....I have made a few changes as my family and I like a thinner pancake.....for thicker use less buttermilk. Kid tested and mother approved!

Makes 10-12 Pancakes

2 C Flour
1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt (I use Kosher)
1 T Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2-3 C Buttermilk (I eyeball for thickness)
1/4 C Butter, Melted
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Add remaining ingredients to dry ingredients & stir until moistened. Batter will be slightly lumpy and as thick as you want it. If it is too thick add more buttermilk. Pour, grill and enjoy with butter & warmed real maple syrup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any French toast?

Anonymous said...

Hi I love this recipe, it taste's amazing and my family loves it. ~Thanks FRENZIED MOTHER OF 4.