Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


I love Banana Bread and back in the day Starbucks use to have a banana loaf that had chocolate chips in it and boy was it good. It was my favorite thing to get there along side my morning mocha (Yes, I love Chocolate). Well they have since done away with it. So I have gone out and edited a few of my banana bread recipes to accommodate a little bit of chocolate. Chocolate makes most things better, Right?

9x5x3 Loaf Pan

1/2 C Butter, room temperature
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 C Mashed Ripe Bananas
1/2 C Sour Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating well. Stir dry ingredients (Flour, Soda, Salt) together and then combine with butter mixture. Mix well. Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Blend well. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Pour banana bread mixture in to a prepared loaf pan. Bake 1 hour until a toothpick can be inserted and pulled out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool and enjoy!

No comments: