Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chicken Divan


This is a family favorite that was given to me from my aunt, but as with every recipe I have edited it to create a recipe that fits with my families taste. It is a good recipe to use up leftover cooked chicken and rice. We eat this fairly often in the fall and winter. I always have everything for this recipe.....as I like call it "My Fall Back Recipe".

9x13 Pan

2-3 C Cooked Chicken (or 3-4 Chicken Breast seasoned/cooked/chopped)
4-5 C Cooked Rice
1 160z bag Frozen Broccoli
1 10 3/4oz Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1-2 Lemons, juiced
1 tsp Curry Powder
2 C Cheddar Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Layer cooked rice on the bottom, then Chicken and then frozen broccoli in a 9x13 pan, set aside. In a medium bowl mix soup, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder and 1/2 c of the Cheddar cheese, pour over the casserole. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake in the oven for 30-35min until cheese is melted and hot throughout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is soooo good. My family loved it. We will definitely be putting this in the rotation. Thanks Kaelee for sharing this wonderful recipe.

Anonymous said...

Good post.