Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Carne Asada Tacos


We have been feeling Mexican over here as you can see......Here is a recipe I made up after having Carne Asada at my friend Melissa's house. I basically threw together a marinate and it came out pretty good....I love anything that can go into a flour or corn tortilla......my husband likes it when we make spanish or mexican rice with this meal, one more thing for him to stuff into his tortilla.

Serves 4-6

Marinate:
1/4 Canola/Veg Oil
1 T Vinegar (Red or White)
2 T Pickled Jalapenos, Chopped
1 T Pickled Jalapeno Juice
1 Lime, Juiced
4-5 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
2 T Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
1/3 C Roasted Chipotle Salsa
1 tsp Cumin
Kosher Salt & Pepper
2-3 Dashes of Tapatio (Hot Sauce)
1.5 lbs Carne Asada Meat (Thin Sliced Beef Round)

Toppings:
Tortillas, warmed (Flour or Corn)
2 Bell Peppers, sliced (any combo of Red, Green, Orange or Yellow)
1 Sweet Onion, sliced
Mexican Cheese Mix (I use Cheddar and Pepper Jack)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Green Onions, optional garnish

Mix up all ingredients for the marinate and marinate the meat for 6-8 hours. Since the meat is sliced thin it doesn't need too long to marinate. Heat a pan over med/med high heat add a little bit of olive oil and then the peppers and onions, season with salt and pepper. Fry to your liking, I don't like my veggies too soft, I probably fry them for 5 or so minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a grill on High Heat. Grill meat 2-3 min per side. Cook it longer if you like really done meat. Remove from grill and let rest a few min. Then slice up and serve with toppings in warm tortillas.

No comments: