Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fresh Salsa


Ok....So I love Tortilla Chips and Salsa! I have enjoyed making salsa from scratch for a few years and I learned how buy reading the ingredients of one of my favorite fresh salsas. So here is a base recipe and no I don't have exact amounts because I believe that salsa making lies in the taste of the maker.......Nana Anna, Sindy and I made this particular recipe today and boy was it tasty......Roasted Corn would be a good addition to this base....Like I always say get creative as I know we all have different tastes....


Assorted Tomatoes, Diced and slightly drained (I usually use a combo of regular vine ripened, roma's, romanitas, cherry, grape, pear....so use your favorites)
Assorted Peppers, Finely Diced and ranging in heat (Jalapenos, Anaheim, Banana, and so many more, we get them at the Farmers Market and there are at least 30 or so varieties, have fun!)
Walla Walla Sweet Onion, Finely Diced
Cilantro, Finely Chopped
Fresh Lime Juice, to taste
Apple Cider Vinegar, small amount to taste
Cumin, to taste
Tomato Paste, to taste and slightly thicken
Hot Sauce, to taste (I use Tapatio)
Chipotle Tabasco, to taste
Salt & Pepper

Mix Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, and Cilantro in a bowl. Season to taste with Lime Juice, Vinegar, Cumin, Tomato Paste , Salt & Pepper, taste by using a tortilla chip....for us its usually not hot enough and that is when we add the Tapatio Hot Sauce and Chipotle Tabasco....Mix and taste, re season until you get your salsa to your liking.....Serve with Chips or use in your Mexican Recipes.....

No comments: