Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dirt Cake....


So this one is suppose to be placed in a plastic flower pot and served with gummy worms on top and a fake plant, hence the title dirt cake....but I prefer to serve it in a trifle like dish.....my pic isn't the greatest maybe I will make it again and do a better job of evening out the layers.....the kids love this one as do I since it reminds me of my childhood....I mean you can not go wrong with Oreos and Vanilla pudding....definitely a recipe that will cause you to hit the gym after.....Not so waistline friendly!

Makes: A dish full

1 18oz package of Oreos, crushed in food processor
1/2 C Butter, softened to room temperature
1 80z package Cream Cheese, room temperature
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
3 C Cold Milk
2 Small Boxes of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 12oz Cool Whip

In a large bowl cream together butter, cream cheese and powered sugar until smooth, set aside. In a separate bowl mix together milk and vanilla pudding, then fold in the cool whip. Add pudding mixture to the butter cream cheese mixture and combine well. Layer in a dish starting with the cookie crumbs then a layer of pudding/cream cheese mixture and then cookie crumbs again. Finishing with cookie crumbs on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve in bowls and enjoy!

No comments: