Sunday, April 19, 2009

Super Simple Turkey Lettuce Wraps


We love to try new recipes and as with most of the recipes I make I always make changes to improve on what is there.....This was the first time I have made lettuce wraps and I know it will not be the last....This recipe is a great base recipe that I know I will be evolving on as I continue to experiment, I am thinking some rice wine vinegar would be a good addition and maybe some sesame oil or chili oil and possibly some garlic.....But we liked this as it too.....So wrap it up and enjoy!

Serves: 4-5

1/2 C Hoisin sauce
1/4 C Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 C Miracle Whip or Mayo
1-2 Squirts Sriracha Sauce
¼ t Red Pepper Flakes
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1T Vegetable oil
Salt & Pepper
1 bunch Green Onions, finely chopped
1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, washed, dried & separated
Carrot sticks, very thinly sliced
Celery sticks, very thinly sliced
Cucumber, seeded & very thinly sliced

Mix the first 5 ingredients together. Set aside. Heat oil over medium high heat and add in turkey. Season with salt & pepper and brown until cook through, stir in onions and saute for 1 min. Reduce to medium and stir in sauce continue cooking for 5 minutes, stir frequently. Fill lettuce with meat and veggies. Enjoy!

No comments: