Thursday, April 30, 2009

Roasted Red Potatoes


I am always looking for good side and new ways of cooking the same old vegetables. I roast a lot of different ones, but never usually potatoes. We just do not eat a lot of potatoes. But my neighbor Heather brought these over for a BBQ and man they were good. So I recreated them and our kids loved them. You could even use this recipe for breakfast....These potatoes are finger licking good.....Thanks Miss Heather! You could add rosemary & dried thyme for more herb flavor, but I am not a huge rosemary person.....Again like all my recipes this one is super felxible but gives you the basics.....

Serves 4-6

1 1/2-2lbs Red Potatoes, diced
2-3 T Olive Oil (or flavored olive oil), just need enough to coat the potatoes
1-2 T Dried Parsley, to your liking
Garlic Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag. Toss around to coat potatoes. Pour out onto a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 30-40 min, until potatoes are tender (or crisper, depends on your tastes!).....Enjoy!

No comments: